About Your Stay
To ensure that your hospital stay with us is successful as possible, here is a summary of general information to answer or address your questions.
Although we receive a copy of your medication regimen upon admission, please inform your Select physician of any medications (prescription or non-prescription medications), including dosage and frequency, you are taking on a regular basis. Your Select physician will review your medication list and may prescribe and monitor additional medications during your hospitalization.
To avoid the loss of personal items, please place items like eyeglasses and hearing aids in the top drawer of your nightstand when not in use. Ask your nurse for a denture cup to place your dentures in - never leave your dentures or other items on your meal tray.
If you have your own wheelchair, walker, etc, please label each item with your name and indicate "personal property". Electrical equipment, like hairdryers, radio, etc. must be inspected and approved for use by our Bio-Medical department. Equipment like home Bi-Pap machines is not to be brought to the hospital for personal use. Select will provide this equipment for you during your stay.
Select Specialty Hospital is not responsible for the maintenance or upkeep of any personal items, nor for any loss of, damage, or injury from the use of personal equipment.
Many patients find their religion a great source of hope during their hospital stay. Chaplain services are usually available at many of our Select Hospitals. But your family's spiritual counselor is always welcome to meet with you and your family during regular visiting hours.
The safety and care of our patients is a top priority. We need all patients, family members, and visitors to help us maintain a safe environment by adhering to the following guidelines. These include, but are not limited to:
- Follow any infection control protocols that are indicated prior to entering a patient's room. This may include wearing a protective gown and gloves. It is always important to remember to WASH your hands before and after visiting with your family member.
- Checking with a nurse before bringing any food or beverages to a patient due to possible food and fluid restrictions.
- Ask a staff member for assistance when a patient needs to get in and out of bed, to the bathroom, to a wheelchair, etc.
If you have any feedback or concerns related to safety issues, please notify your nurse and/or the Charge Nurse so that we can address these issues promptly. You may also discuss these issues with the Director of Clinical Services, Director of Quality, physician, and/or case manager.
We encourage the support of family and friends in the recuperation and rehabilitation process. At Select Specialty Hospital, visitors are welcome at all times. However, in rooms with 2 patients, overnight stays are not permitted. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Please note that our staff has the authority to ask any visitor to leave for patient treatment or if they are inhibiting patient care in any way.
Select Specialty Hospital Policies
Smoking is not permitted at any Select Specialty Hospital. Please ask your nurse for the location of designated smoking areas. In addition, candles or devices with open flames are not permitted inside the premises.
Alcohol and Drugs.
The possession or use of alcohol and illegal drugs is not permitted at any Select Specialty Hospital. If an individual wants counseling for drug or alcohol dependency, a referral to one of our psychologists can be made.
It is recommended that you leave any valuables, credit cards, checkbooks, or large amounts of cash at home. If you need to have these items during your stay, please inform your nurse so that they can be secured by security for safekeeping.
In-room television is available in every patient room.
Local calls are available for no additional charge. Please ask your nurse on how to access an outside line.
Laptops and personal music/video players can be used in your room, but it must be inspected and approved for use by our Bio-Medical staff. Select Specialty Hospital is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Cell phones may be used in designated areas.
Mail is delivered to Select Specialty Hospital daily with exception of Sunday and federal holidays. Outgoing mail can be dropped off at the nurses' station.
Select Specialty Hospital offers care-related interpreter services for patients with limited English proficiency. This service is free of charge. Please contact your nurse, physician, case manager, or Hospital Administrative staff for additional information.
To optimize your recovery and to make your hospital stay at Select Specialty as rewarding as possible, we need your cooperation in building a relationship that is based on mutual respect and understanding. We ask that you adhere to the following:
- Please provide staff with all relevant information to develop and implement your plan of care to ensure the coordination and assignment of your insurance and medical benefits.
- We want you to ask questions about your plan of care to ensure that you are involved in your recovery and that you are in a safe care environment.
- To ensure the safety and comfort of all our patients, please remember that Select is smoke, drug, and alcohol free.
- Be courteous and respectful of other patients and hospital staff. Help us in maintaining a quiet healing environment to facilitate the recovery process.
- Please understand that it may be necessary to transfer you to a different patient room within our hospital. We ask for your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Depending on your insurance coverage, you may be responsible for a portion of your bill for services provided. If you have questions or concerns about fulfilling your financial commitments, please talk to your case manager.